pyAXL - Home
pyAXL is an API written in python to access the AXL-API of the Cisco Callmanager.
It should be compatible with Callmanager 4.1 up to 6.1. These are the versions i had the chance to test on. I can not guarantee
that there will be no regressions creeping in, because i am usually able to test on the two newest callmanagers only.
If you are successful on other versions or on other operating systems than Linux, please let me know.
Currently only the most needed methods for the daily work with CCM are implemented, but the API is easy to extend.
This software should run on all sytems where these packages are available:
Examples are Linux, Windows, MacOS-X, Solaris and BSD.
Older releases can be found here
pyAXL-0.5.4.tar.bz2 (37K), pyAXL-0.5.4.zip (84K)
- FIX: Wrong evaluation of config.version in AXLArgs addUserArg/updateUserArg
- FIX: Do not raise exception when element is valid but not delivered by the server
- FEATURE: New method CCMUser.appendPhoneProfile() for appending a phoneprofile without the need to mess with the already associated ones
pyAXL-0.5.3.tar.bz2 (36K), pyAXL-0.5.3.zip (84K)
- FIX: Don't fail when no axl call was made
pyAXL-0.5.2.tar.bz2 (36K), pyAXL-0.5.2.zip (84K)
- FIX: Workaround for error message during deletion of SharedSocket in httplib
- FIX: Updated keys of Line and User for CCM6
- FIX simplified imports of examples
- cleanup imports
- retreive cssmembers in sorted order
- FEATURE: Use function names for axl-calls instead of call(...)
- FEATURE: We do not import any modules in __init__.py anymore. If you want to
import all CCM objects at once do this by importing from ccmobjects.py
e.g.: import pyAXL.ccmobjects as axl
pyAXL-0.5.1.tar.bz2 (41K), pyAXL-0.5.1.zip (117K)
Note: There seems to be a problem in the python module "httplib" under some circumstances it causes an exception to be thrown
during shutdown of an pyAXL application. Because this happens after your application has done all ist work you can safely ignore it.
The exception does not occur when you import pyaxl by its directory name rather than by single module files. This is fixed in 0.5.2!
- Feature: Implemented DevicePool, VoiceMailProfile and VoiceMailPilot. Many thanks to Michael Opitz for providing me a patch!
- Fix: Rename AddOnModule with uppercase "On"
- Feature: implemented listAllProcessNodes() and getCCMVersion()
- Fix: Don't fail when config.versioning_version is not defined
pyAXL-0.5.0.tar.bz2 (39K), pyAXL-0.5.0.zip (113K)
To start with pyAXL read the README file.
API-documentation is located inside the source package in ascii format.
These two sites are giving a short overview about the possible usage of pyAXL. (in German)
Cisco Developer Community - AXL
Cisco Developer Community - AXL Developer Resources
pyIPPhoneServices - API for Cisco IPPhone Services
The source is free software and released under the terms of GPL.